Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

God Speaks Through His Word

Sometimes in the most round-about way, God sends just the right Scripture that is exactly what I need to encourage me and make me smile. Today was such a day! 

Thank you God for reminding me of your love, your message, and your faithfulness through Your Word today. 


As I wrote these words above in my Journal this morning, I began to reflect on Scriptures that remind me of just a few ways God speaks to us through His Word. 

My husband and I have a habit of getting up early.  It is in those early hours that I begin my day in God’s Word during my quiet time.  Psalm 5:3 tells me that He hears me. 

 “In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before                  you and wait expectantly.” 
              
Some days He gives me insight into a particular passage I’m studying, but sometimes I am refreshed by a familiar passage, as He gives me a “fresh” look at its meaning.  Jeremiah 33:3 says:

“Call to me and I will answer you.  I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that                  you  could never figure out on your own.” 

As I come to Him each morning, needing direction, I can depend on this promise in Psalm 143:8.

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in                      you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”  

No matter where in God’s Word my quiet time directs my thoughts, I am reminded of this promise in Romans 15:4:

“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through                the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we                    might have hope.”  

God tells us in Psalm 81:19, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt.  Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.”  

I think that He will fill my mind with His thoughts if I will commit to Psalm 119:15-16 
“I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.  I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.” 


Lord, help me commit to the faithful study of Your Word!

2 comments: