Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

My Requests

My Requests

I ask for words to teach,
You filled me with praise and a desire to share.

I ask for good health,
You gave me your strength to draw from.

I ask for friends to love me,
You gave me love to share with strangers.

I ask for children who would call me blessed,
You blessed my children and they’re a blessing to me.

I ask you to protect those I love,
You allowed those I love to walk with you.

I ask to find happiness in life,
You filled my life with unquenchable joy.

I ask to do things perfectly today,
You gave me a new day so I could try again.

I ask for knowledge so I’d understand why,
You gave me your Word to be my guide.

I ask for quiet in this busy world,
You lifted me up high above the noise.

I ask for new clothes for others to see,
You let your radiance adorn my being so they’d see you.

I ask to have no storms in life,
You hid me in the cleft of the rock as storms raged outside.

I asked for things over and over
and you repeatedly answered my every need. 

You then waited patiently as I learned
that all I need is you and you want the best for me.

                        
May ‘97



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having the courage to share this. The line that spoke to me the most was "I ask for friends to love me..." This has been so true since I've moved here from Ohio. God is providing such wonderful "strangers" for me to love and what a blessing it has been becoming friends with you Bible study gals!

    ReplyDelete