Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine from God

“Hey there!  Hey there, over here, look up just a bit I’m talking to you.”

“Who me?”

“Yes of course you.  Who else comes to you in a small quiet voice?

I’ve been thinking about you again.  I think of you all the time but especially have I thought of you as the world is talking about love and candy, flowers and bears.  It seems like everyone is talking about love and how to show someone they care.  That’s what made me think of you.  Can I ask you the question of the day, “Would you be my Valentine?”

Now I don’t have a dozen roses or any of the things advertised on TV for you today but I have been trying to tell you how much I love you.

After all, just for you I created the world just for you.  The seasons, the flowers, the oceans and snow capped mountains – all of it.  Just for you to enjoy every day. 

And you know, it wasn’t just the world I created, I even designed and planned to the last detail YOU.  I know you so well.  I shaped you first inside, then out; I formed you in your mother’s womb.  You are marvelously and wonderfully made!  I have watched you grow from conception to today.  Each and every day of your life is on my radar screen.  I have a plan, a wonderful plan for you.  I get pretty excited when I think about it and I hope you do too.

Not only did I form you, I keep track or every step you take, every sleepless night you have.  Why I even keep every single tear you shed I keep in a bottle with your special name on it.

My love doesn’t just stop there.  I am with you as you confront every enemy and every battle.  I am there, by your side, ready to hold your hand or carry you over the rough terrain, ready to take charge and take control, as you let me.

Even though I know your every thought and every deed, I continue to love you.  Nothing will ever come between the two of us.  You can read of my love and my promises to you in my Word, which I long to implant in your heart.

I am always faithful and will keep my promises.  Even if you are not faithful, I still am steadfast in my love to you.

Now, like I said, it’s not roses – but then I created the roses.  It isn’t candy, but every ingredient in those chocolates was created by me.  It isn’t a cuddly bear, but I long to wrap my arms around you and let you rest in me.  Now, may I ask again, “Would you be my Valentine?  Would you please be mine?”

I love you,


God

1 comment:

  1. Uplifting and powerful...Thanks again Brenda for sharing!

    ReplyDelete