Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My Praise

O God, I ask, why’d you choose me?  Why me? 
           You who set the world in place, who made each bird to sing. 
Who with one stroke made mountains tall and all the seas to be.
O God, why me, why me?

Each blade of grass you make to grow, the mighty oak, the tiny toad.
            Each star is there because of you, the sun, the moon, the oceans blue.
The seasons all, you made them.  The warm, the cool, the spring and fall.
                        O God, the wonder of it all.

And then with paint brush in your hand, you paused, and then created man. 
           Man to fellowship with you, to talk, to walk, to listen to.
O God, O God, ‘twas man you wanted to reflect your goodness, power,
and yes, O God, your grace.

Then man did sin and once again you set in place your plan.
            A babe, your Son, would come to earth to pay the price of sin men bore.
He left your side, where all was good, where pain was not a part,
 and felt my sins as on that cross they nailed His hand.

O the hurt you must have felt as Jesus wept 
           and asked to pass this cup from Him, as there He knelt.  
I can’t begin to comprehend the love it took for sinful man. 

Now Lord, I ask again of you, why me, why me did you so choose?
           You saved me and I’m now your child.  From out of sin you lifted me,
to higher ground you set me free. 
So richly blessed in many ways, you wipe my tears and brighten days.
Why me, O God,  I ask?

I don’t deserve to have so much, to know your love, your peace, your grace.
           O yes that’s it!  Is that it Lord?   It’s grace that made it so.
Not because of who I was, or what I’d done or would become,
but grace, just grace - and now I see.

O God, my God who did create it all, whose power is seen in all you’ve done.
           I cannot keep from praising you, you are my song, my very breath, my all in all.
I’ll shout it now for evermore, yes Lord I know, yes Lord I know,
           You did it all for me,and, yes, ‘twas grace that made it so.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment